A foundation program in UK is a bridging course designed to equip students with the appropriate academic grounding for a UK degree. The foundation syllabus may also include additional English language teaching if candidates need to improve their proficiency. Numen EduServices (NES) can provide the best overseas educational consultancy with all possible solutions to their abroad admission queries related foundation courses in UK. For Free Counselling Session for Study in UK, Call Now on 82 8686 7676
When is foundation programme required in UK?
A foundation programme is very useful when you have decided to study a degree at an international university, but you don’t have all the required qualifications to be admitted. The right foundation programme focuses on your particular interests, providing the best chance to become qualified for admission.
Why should I study a foundation programme?
1. Increased chances of university admission Complete a foundation programme to be fully qualified to start an undergraduate degree or graduate degree at a university you like. Most students that follow a foundation programme get into great universities abroad.
2. Improve English language proficiency Advance your English skills to meet university admission requirements. Foundation programmes for internationals always include language courses, to help you communicate during your studies and in daily life.
3. Direct access to great universities Discover the university where you plan to study a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree and decide if it’s the right place for you. Learn more about the requirements, practices, and the country’s culture. Talk to teaching staff and students at the university to get a unique insight into your possible future.
4. Reduced culture shock By already spending one year in the country where you want to study, it’ll be much easier to move abroad and get over the initial culture shock. This will make the beginning of your studies a lot smoother and comfortable. It also provides you with knowledge about all the paperwork and formal procedures you’ll need to go through to study and live abroad.
5. Getting into the right mindset Maybe you don’t have any problem meeting entry requirements for a Bachelor’s or Master’s abroad. This doesn’t mean a foundation degree would be of no use to you. Many international students choose to take a pre-Bachelor’s or pre-Master’s in order to prepare mentally for their first year of studies abroad. It’s much easier to get going if you already know what to expect, know your location and some of your colleagues.
How much does it cost, and how do I finance a foundation programme?
The tuition fee for an international pathway programme is usually lower than the tuition fee for a degree course. Fees range between 2,500 and 25,000 EUR per year depending on the institution that provides the preparation course, the level of study (general versus targeted), the city, the country, and many other factors.
What qualifications do I need to be accepted to a foundation programme?
Entry requirements for most foundation programmes are usually not difficult to meet. You’ll generally need :
- successful completion of 12 years of basic education anywhere in the world
- basic language proficiency depending on the requirements in the country
- proof of studying certain subjects in your high school syllabus relevant for the foundation programme