Education system in USA
Universities in the USA provide an interactive learning atmosphere. In each class, there are 20 students and a supportive faculty member. US universities have many clubs and organizations. Most universities in the USA start their session in August/ September, while some start their session in January/ February or May/ August. The USA is home to many international students, offers a variety of programs. It is famous for its high-class education system in the whole world. In this article, we have briefly discussed the education System in USA.
Numen EduServices (NES) can provide the best educational consultancy with all possible solutions to their abroad admission queries.
For Free Counselling Session for Study in USA, Call Now on 82 8686 7676
Qualification available USA
- Associate Degree in USA –In America associate degree is of 2 years. It is a kind of undergraduate-level program. You can opt for an associate degree just after completing your secondary school. It provides you the basic academic and technical skills necessary for your course and year.
- Bachelor’s Degree in USA –in the USA, Bachelor’s Degree is of 3 to 4 years. It is an undergraduate degree program that offers major and minor courses, and these four years in the USA are called Freshman, Sophomore or Junior, or senior.
- Master’s Degree in USA –In the USA, a Master’s Degree is generally of 2 types. Master’s Degree (professional) and Master’s Degree (Academic). Master’s Degree (professional) is generally of 1 to 3 years program and has less elective modules and are offered by specialist graduate schools. Students will get a chance to learn vocational skills and technical skills necessary for professional careers. At the same time, Master Degree (Academic) is a two-year program and is similar to the matters degrees offered in other countries. It provides research tasks and thesis Submission. Courses delivering methodological training and disciplinary knowledge are essential.
- Doctorate or Ph.D. in USA –It is a 5 to 8 years program. Followed by a series of 3 phases, it is studied under the supervision of an advisor. In Ph.D. programs offered by US universities, research is the main requirement, followed by thesis presentation and defense.
Types of Institution in USA
1. Colleges in USA –
Colleges in the USA generally provide Undergraduate Degrees and are comparatively smaller than universities. There is a long list of different colleges in the USA. These are-
- Community and Junior Colleges –It provides two years of education (liberal arts) and vocational training. If you wish, you can complete your two years of education in these colleges, transfer yourself to the universities for another two years of education, and complete your undergraduate degree.
- Historical Black Colleges - It gives black students (African Students) a chance to study.
- Liberal Arts Colleges -These colleges are for students earning a bachelor’s degree. Students of Liberal Arts Colleges are exposed to a broad sampling of classes.
- Women’s Colleges - In these colleges, women are in the majority.
2. Universities in USA –
Universities in the USA are generally more prominent than colleges and are basically for degrees such as master’s, doctoral, and postdoctoral degrees. In the USA there are many types of Universities-
- Public Universities in USA –Public universities are known as state universities as they are affiliated with the state government. They are run with the support of public taxes. Tuition fees in these colleges are generally lesser than in private universities.
- Private Universities in USA – Funding in these universities is done via alumni donations, faculty research grants, tuition fees, etc. These universities are not funded by the government and thus have higher tuition fees than public universities.
- Ivy League Universities in USA –It is a group of 8 private athletic universities like-
Harvard University, Yale University, Princeton University, Columbia University, Brown University, Dartmouth College, University of Pennsylvania
- Liberal Arts Philosophy- The main focus of these universities is on UG courses in science, humanities, social science, and others.
- Special Institution-They focus on providing certain degrees in the field of music, arts, etc.
- Research-Intensive Institution-They mainly provide the highest research opportunities and are best for a Ph.D.
Cost to study in USA
In the USA, different universities have different fee structures. Fees also depend on the type, of course, you are studying. For example, courses like MBA, engineering, medicine are more expensive than other courses. The average amount of money to be spent on tuition fees range between US$ 10,000 to US$ 55,000.
||AVERAGE TUITION FEES (USD) PER YEAR
|English language studies
Scholarships in USA
There are many scholarship options available to provide financial aid to international students. These scholarships are either provided by the government or by private organizations and educational institutions. Some of these aids are-
- Need-based aid
- Athletic Scholarship
- Tuition Waivers
- Teaching Assistantships
- Research Assistantships etc.
I hope we have successfully covered every detail about the education system in USA. If you are still confused about it, You can contact us directly on Numen EduServices (NES) for more. We are happy to help you. Comment down below all your queries of study abroad, and Our admission experts will get in touch with you soon!
Explore Here For Motivational Student's Success Stories
Check out the opinions of our students.