Unlocking the UK A Comprehensive Guide to the New Points Based Study Visa for Indian Students
Indian students have long been drawn to the United Kingdom (UK), which provides top-notch education and a variety of cultural experiences. If you're an Indian student who wants to study in the UK, you might be concerned about how the nation's immigration laws have recently changed and how it might influence your ability to obtain a student visa for UK from India.
A new points based immigration system has been implemented in the UK to replace the previous one, which eliminated free movement within the EU. A minimum score of 70 points will be required under the new system for candidates to be qualified to work or acquire apply for uk student visa from India. Points will be given depending on elements including the job offer, the level of skill, the compensation, and the candidate's level of English ability. Additionally, candidates must fulfil stringent conditions, which include paying an application fee and undergoing background checks and health exams. The approach intends to deter low skilled migration and encourage skilled individuals who can contribute to the UK's economy. It is anticipated to facilitate the hiring of foreign workers with the necessary capabilities while also ensuring that the UK continues to be a desirable location for top talent abroad.
The previous Tier 4 student visa has been replaced by a new points based study visa system put in place by the UK government. We'll give a thorough explanation of the new method and how it applies to Indian students who want to study in the UK in this blog. We will also look at the services offered by UK student visa agency and counsellor for abroad studies in Mumbai that can assist you with the application.
Overview of the New Points Based System
To entice more students to study in the UK, the UK government unveiled a new points based study visa system in 2020. The new points based study visa for the UK is fully described here
- Eligibility Criteria You must have a confirmed spot at a UK school, speak English at the necessary proficiency level, and have the money to sustain yourself while you are a student in order to be eligible for a study visa.
- Points Based System To be qualified for the visa, you must receive a total of 70 points under the points based system. The foregoing eligibility requirements must be met in order to receive 50 points the final 20 points are given for financial capacity and maintenance.
- Financial Requirements You must have enough money to cover your living expenses in London ($1,334) and the rest of the UK ($1,023) per month. Moreover, you might need to include a healthcare fee with your application.
- Stay The number of days you can request depends on how long your course will be. You may remain in the UK for the duration of your course plus an additional seven days if it is less than six months in length. You may stay for the duration of your course plus an additional 4 months if it is longer than 6 months.
- Work Privileges During the school year, you may work up to 20 hours per week in a part-time capacity, and during breaks, you may work full-time. If you find employment with a recognised sponsor, you can also apply for the graduate immigration route, which enables you to remain and work after study in the UK for up to two years after completing your studies.
- Application Process You have up to six months before the commencement of your study to apply for a visa. In a visa application centre, you will be required to present your biometric data and take part in an interview. The average processing period for a student visa for UK from India is three weeks, however depending on the nation from which you are applying, it could take longer.
How Indian Students Are Affected by the New System
You will need to satisfy the same eligibility requirements as other international students under the new system as an Indian student. You must have a legitimate offer of a spot at a UK educational institution that is authorised to sponsor international students. This is one of the essential prerequisites. Also, you must demonstrate that you have the financial means to pay for your living expenses and cost of studing in the UK. Your unique circumstances, including the length of your course and where you are in the UK, will determine the precise price. You must also fulfil the standards for English language competency, which can be shown by passing an accepted English language test like the TOEFL or IELTS. It is set to become simpler and more appealing for Indian students to study in the UK thanks to the new points-based study visa system. More Indian students are probably going to choose the UK as their study abroad destination because to the streamlined application process, job rights, and longer stay opportunities.
Difference between the New Points Based Study Visa and The Tier 4 Study Visa
students can study with student visa for UK from India under two different visa programmes the Tier 4 UK student visa and the new points-based study visa for the UK. The main variations between the two are as follows
- Points Based SystemTo be eligible for the new study visa, candidates must receive a total of 70 points under the points-based system. Instead of using a points-based system, the Tier 4 visa had specified standards that applicants had to achieve.
- Financial RequirementsApplicants for the new study visa must show they have the resources necessary to support themselves while enrolled in classes. The new visa has precise monthly living expense amounts that applicants must satisfy depending on where they are studying in the UK, unlike the Tier 4 visa, which had a comparable set of financial conditions.
- Work RightsStudents are permitted to work part-time for up to 20 hours per week during the academic year and full-time during breaks on both the new study visa and the Tier 4 visa. The new visa, however, also enables students to apply for the graduate immigration route, which enables them to remain in the UK and work for up to two years after finishing their studies.
With precise financial requirements, extended stay options, and a more streamlined application procedure, the new points-based study visa for the UK offers these benefits. Both visas allow students to work while they are studying and provide them the option of living and working in the UK once they have finished their studies, albeit the Tier 4 visa had more specific requirements and did not employ a points-based system.
How can UK Student Visa Consultants and Oversea Education Consultants help Indian Students in Acquiring A new points based Study Visa for UK
Indian students seeking a new points-based study visa for the UK can benefit greatly from the assistance of UK student visa consultants and study abroad consultants. For students who are applying for the first time, the new points-based study visa's eligibility requirements can be intimidating. Students can get guidance from overseas education consultants in Mumbai and study abroad consultants in Mumbai to help them comprehend the requirements and navigate the application procedure. They can determine the student's eligibility and offer guidance on the visa category that best fits their requirements. Also, they can assist students in gathering the required paperwork, such as academic records, test results for language competence, and financial records. They can also provide insightful guidance on a variety of topics related to living and studying in the UK, including as housing, healthcare, and prospects for part-time employment.
UK student visa consultants can assist in streamlining the visa application procedure and raising the likelihood of a positive outcome by cooperating closely with the student and the appropriate authorities.
How many Years Study Visa is Granted for UK ?
The type of course and level of study determine the length of a study visa for the UK. A study visa is typically issued for the length of the programme plus a few extra months, referred to as the "grace period." Students can apply for a Short-term Study Visa, which permits them to study for up to six months, for courses that are less than six months in length. Students can apply for a Tier 4 General Student Visa, which permits them to study for up to five years, depending on the course length, for courses lasting more than six months. The period of the visa, however, may vary depending on particular circumstances, so students should consult with the appropriate authorities or UK student visa agency and counsellor for abroad studies in Mumbai.
Is UK Study Visa Easy to Get ?
The process of obtaining a UK student visa can be difficult, and the standards, which include things like English language ability, financial capability, and eligibility restrictions, can be stringent. Yet, there is a strong probability of getting a UK student visa provided the student satisfies the requirements and has the requisite paperwork. To improve the prospects of a successful visa application, study abroad consultants in Mumbai and overseas education consultants in Mumbai can also offer invaluable advice and guidance.
You can ask help from Numen Eduservices as a study abroad consultants in Mumbai,. We are one of the emerging Overseas Education consultants that help Indian students in every possible way to travel overseas for study without hassles.
However, if you are in Delhi, you can contact our study abroad consultants in Delhi to apply for study visa in UK. We will guide you to prepare for the examination and interview session so that you get selected for your dream University in the UK
Study in the UK? Contact us and we'll help!