A Guide to UK Student Visas for Indian Students
Getting admission to UK universities is a lifelong dream for many Indian students. Every year around 26,500 apply for a UK study visa to pursue higher studies in UK prestigious universities. UK universities are known for their excellent educational curriculum and teaching methodologies. Mostly the programs offered in UK universities are shorter than other popular study destinations.
To make it easier for Indian students, there are different provisions that came into effect to make it quite effective. These include faster visa application for UK student processing and a streamlined application for students. Here you will get information about student visa types for Indian students to UK study visa application fees and the types of visa you are eligible for.
What is UK Study Visa?
A UK student visa is a type of visa that allows Indian students to study at universities and educational institutions in the United Kingdom. The visa is officially issued by the UK government's Home Office. To be eligible for a UK study visa, applicants must have been accepted onto a full-time course at a UK university or other educational institution that is registered with the UK government's Register or Sponsors.
Types of UK Study Visa
There are typically three types of Student Visas in the UK for Indian students. These visas vary based on the course and duration to stay in the country.
Short-term UK Study Visa
A short-term UK visa is valid for between 6 to 11 months. This type of visa is ideal for those who want to seek a research program, student exchange programs, or short-term language courses in the UK.
Tier 4 UK Student Visa
Tier 4 student visa is the widely accepted visa among all students wanting to stay in the country during their entire course duration. Those students who have enrolled on any UK university to study a bachelor's, master's or Phd degree are eligible to apply for it. After receiving the admission offer letter, one can apply for a Tier 4 visa application for UK student from India.
Dependent UK Visa
Those students whose family members or relatives are living in the UK are eligible to apply for the UK dependent visa. This is majorly applied by Indian students whose parents are already working or staying in the country.
Are you ready to pursue your lifelong dream of studying at prestigious UK universities? Apply for a UK student visa now with our study abroad consultants in Mumbai and make your dream a reality!
UK Student Visa Application Fees
Whether you are an Indian student, you need to pay a certain amount of UK Study Visa Application Fees. The visa costs of UL are quite reasonable, you don't need to spend a big amount. Also, study visa fees include visa processing from starting to approval. The costs are:
- Short-term Study Visa: 176 GBP ~ 17,334 INR for an 11-month visa and 380 GBP surcharge
- Tier 4 General visa: 320 GBP ~ 31,517 INR as applicable fees and 600 GBP per person dependants
- Tier 4 child student visa: 320 GBP ~ 31,517 INR for study visa plus healthcare surcharge
Note: Fees are non-refundable
Where to Apply for UK Student Visa for Indian Students?
Students can know about uk student visa guidance Tier4 from their nearest embassy. They need to provide biometric data as part of the visa process based on the residence or citizenship of a particular country. One can also start their visa application through the UK British Government's official website.
How to Apply for UK Study Visa?
Indian Students wanting to study in any UK university are required to apply for a study visa. Follow these steps to understand how to apply for it with the UK student visa agency.
- Check if you need a visa using the UK government's visa checker tool.
- Choose a course and university that is registered as a Tier 4 sponsor.
- Apply to the university and obtain a Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) letter.
- Gather all required documents, including academic transcripts, passports, and financial documents.
- Complete the online visa application form and pay the fee.
- Attend a biometrics appointment at a visa application centre.
- Wait for a decision on your visa application, which can take up to three weeks.
Don't let the visa process hold you back from studying in the UK. Apply for a UK student visa today with the best study abroad consultants in Mumbai today and experience the excellent educational curriculum and teaching methodologies of UK universities
Student Visa Interview
Right after completing your visa application, you need to appear in a Visa interview at your nearest UK embassy. This should be as per the visa appointment date or schedule specified. In the visa interview, you need to submit all the supporting documents asked during submission. You also have to complete your Biometrics and photographs to process the visa application.
When to Get UK Student Visa in UK?
The UK study visa can take upto 3 weeks to be processed, so make sure to plan your travel accordingly. It recommended starting the process at least 3 months in advance to avoid any time delay. The students must have an acceptance letter from a recognised UK university before visa application. Your offer letter is a must for every student to have a UK study visa.
Documents Required for UK Study Application
Following are the documents that are essential for the UK student visa for Indian students to submit.
- Current passport copy or other valid travel documents.
- Valid university acceptance letter or CAS reference number.
- Original previous studies mark sheets and all transcripts.
- Proof of Language Proficiency Test Scores i.e. TOEFL, IELTS etc
- Passport-size colour photographs
- Financial requirements evidence which shows living expenses during study.
- Academic Technology Approval Scheme (ATAS) clearance certificate.
- Your Tier 4 student visa application form with filled details.
- Immigration Surcharge Fees of health 150 GBP per annum.
- Proof of your visa payment fees.
- Medical tuberculosis test results.
- Your payment of Immigration Healthcare Surcharge (IHS)
- A written agreement from a financial sponsor (if studying with a scholarship).
Completed all documents for UK study visa? Get a streamlined visa application process, faster visa processing, and reasonable visa fees for Indian students. Apply for a UK student visa with our study abroad counsellors in Mumbai and start your journey to success.
Conditions Required for Tier 4 UK Study Visa
There are also a few conditions that are eligible for students applying for the Tier 4 visa.
However, if the university is outside London, the average costs can go down a bit as compared to London. This should be around 1023 GBP per month for an Indian student to study for a master's degree.
- You must be at least 16 years old or above. If you are younger than 18 years, you are required to show your Parent's Written consent to study in the UK.
- You have a University acceptance letter recognised by the UK government.
- Must be fluent in reading, speaking, writing and understanding English. Qualified in the English Language tests too.
- Students may also have appropriate funds to support their entire education and stay in the UK during the course duration. For instance, if studying in London, then the monthly fees will be around 1334 GBP per month, for an Indian student for upto 9 months to study for an MS degree in the UK.
Make sure that UK universities require their students to pay their one-year tuition fees as an upfront cost. This is necessary to book your seat at the university. It is required to apply for a visa application for UK student.
Want to stay in the UK during your entire course duration? Apply for a Tier 4 UK student visa, the widely accepted visa among all students. Enrol in UK university to study for a bachelor's, master's, or PhD degree, and make your career shine brighter!
How to apply for a Student visa UK?
To apply for a Student visa in the UK, you will need to follow these steps:
- Choose your course and institution
- Check eligibility criteria for visa
- Complete the online application and pay the required fees
- Provide biometric information
- Attend an interview and wait for the decision.
What are the Documents Required For a UK Student Visa?
You will need to provide the following documents when you apply for a UK student visa:
- A valid passport or travel document
- A Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) from your institution
- Evidence of your finances, such as bank statements
- Evidence of your qualifications and English language proficiency
- Tuberculosis (TB) test results, if applicable
- A recent photograph
- A document showing your immigration history
What are the Eligibility Criteria for a UK Student Visa?
To be eligible for a UK student visa, you must meet the following criteria:
- You must have been offered a seat on a course at a licensed Tier 4 sponsor
- You must be able to speak, read, write, and understand English
- You must have enough funds to support yourself during your stay in the UK
- You must be from a country outside the European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland
- You must be over 16 years of age
- You must meet the health requirements, including taking a TB test if applicable
- You must not have a criminal record or pose a threat to national security.
You can ask help from Numen Eduservices as a study abroad consultants in Mumbai,. We are one of the emerging Overseas Education consultants that help Indian students in every possible way to travel overseas for study without hassles.
However, if you are in Delhi, you can contact our study abroad consultants in Delhi to apply for study visa in UK. We will guide you to prepare for the examination and interview session so that you get selected for your dream University in the UK
Study in the UK? Contact us and we'll help!