Scholarships in Canada for Indian Students
What are the Criteria for Applying for Scholarships in Canada for Indian Students?
The main criterion for most scholarships is good to study results, but it also depends on factors such as goals, subjects, and the degree you choose. For some scholarships, factors such as extracurricular activities and volunteerism may also be used.
You may need to provide results on an English proficiency test such as IELTS, which is widely accepted by all Canadian institutions.
How Much Money is Available through Scholarships in Canada?
The amount available and the type of win vary between different institutions. Getting scholarships is very competitive, so you should apply early. We endorse starting the procedure about 8-12 months before starting your preferred intake.
Here are Some Popular Government-Funded Scholarships in Canada for Indian Students to Study in Canada
1.Shastri Indo-Canadian Institute
2.Offers a wide range of scholarships at various levels from graduate to postdoctoral and from research to scholarship.
3.Shastri Research Student Scholarship: For students enrolled in a Bachelor, Masters or Masters degree at a recognized Indian university or institution to research their area of interest/field of study at a Canadian university
4.Eligible students can also continue on electronic courses (modules/parts of courses) or complete electronic internships at Canadian universities that are part of the SICI network.
5.The value of this scholarship is CAD 500-1,000 (fees are not provided by the applicant's local institution and are related to online software subscriptions for meetings, internet connection, telephone bills, connection fees, or registration fees to access available Library or laboratory facilities if any)
6.Duration up to 8-12 weeks for students
7.CCSF (Commonwealth Canada Scholarships and Fellowship Plans Commonwealth Canada Scholarships and Fellowship Plans)
8.This program identifies highly intelligent students from the British Commonwealth who are applying for advanced and research programs at Masters and Ph.D. levels.
9.Prices include travel, maintenance, and compulsory tuition fees.
10.This comprises the Graduate Student Exchange (GSEP), which offers $10,000 for conveyance, living, and additional expenditures in Canada for 6 months
11.Ontario Graduate Scholarship Program
12.For graduates in various disciplines.
13.As a prerequisite for applying, students must accept an offer from the University of Ontario and receive a valid study permit.
14.The scholarship is $5,000 per session. So, you can earn $10,000 (two sessions in a row); $15,000 (three consecutive sessions). Generally, units are limited to one-third of the total profit you receive
15.Each price is for one year (two to three academic sessions). Worth and span are resolute by the award-winning graduate unit and are specified in more features in the proposal letter
16.Deadlines depend on current or proposed graduate units
17.National Research Council of Canada (NRCC)
18.Scientific collaborations are offered for master's degrees in engineering and doctoral students in natural sciences or engineering
- Quebec Government Scholarship
- For students studying in Quebec
- Scholarships for students from master’s level
- Each application will be evaluated according to its quality
- Value and duration depending on the level of training
- Ph.D. Program: USD 25,000 per year and duration up to 3 years with the possibility of extension up to 12 months
- Postdoctoral Scholarship: $35,000 per year and non-renewable
- Short Term Research or Professional Development Grant: $3,000 monthly for 4 months
- Ontario Trillium Scholarship
- First announced in November 2010 for Ph.D. students from all over the world to study in Ontario
- Each scholarship is worth $40,000 per year, renewable for a maximum of four years
- 75 scholarships awarded annually
- Universities in Ontario are responsible for selecting and awarding scholarships to international Ph.D. students based on performance and program criteria
- Canadian Council of Social Sciences and Humanities Partnership Scholarship
- For Ph.D. students
- Support new or existing research initiatives in the social sciences and humanities
- Up to CAD 20,000
- Duration: 4 to 7 years
- Banting Postdoctoral Scholarship
- Offered by the Government of Canada for international students to complete postgraduate studies in natural sciences, social sciences, or health research
- This postdoctoral scholarship is worth $70,000 per year (taxable) for two years
- The scholarship deadline ends on 1 October
- Vanier Canada Postgraduate Scholarships
- This scholarship is awarded by the Government of Canada to deserving students who wish to undertake a Ph.D. at a Canadian institution.
- The term is 3 years (non-renewable) and the amount is CAD 50,000 per year
- The deadline for registration is November 3, 2020
This is a list of examples. Please contact our team for more details and the best available Scholarships in Canada options for your profile.
There are also several non-government Scholarships in Canada available
1. Anne Vallee Environmental Fund
2. This scholarship is intended for international students to help them carry out animal research in a Masters's or Ph.D. program in Quebec or the University of British Columbia. support
3. This fund offers two grants of $1,500
4. Trudeau Scholarships and Scholarships
5. They are offered to international Ph.D. students for certain Canadian institutions
6. The amount is $40,000 per year for three years and $20,000 per year for three years as a study and travel grant
7. Deadline: mid-autumn meeting, your IDP advisor can assist you with the application process
Many Canadian universities and colleges also have a list of scholarships for Indian students. Don't worry if you're stuck somewhere, our international education experts are here to help.
Hope Scholarships in Canada will uplift the dreams of middle-class students.